Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are harvie and hudson RTW shirts in quality and fit. They have 3 for 99 pounds, so with shipping to the US thats about 185 dollars, which is a better deal than brooks brothers. What US brands are Harvie and hudson comparable to? thanks

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I took the plunge about a year ago and now that the exchange rate is more favorable plan to again. They are excellent quality and value and certainly better than most of the shirts you will find at department stores.

I compare them to Hilditch and Key, of which I own several as well.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have nearly a dozen H&H shirts .....

I have many shirts from Jermyn street shirtmakers, and I find H&H the best fit. They are superior to CT Shirts, TM Lewin etc. Some of their features are probably peculiar to my taste, such as their Kent collar, MOP buttons, classic fit, British stripes and checks. H&K may be just as good a shirt for some, but I just don'r like their collars as well as H&H.

As for an equivalent US brand as the poster asks, there are none. Their design and fabric colors are very British so you wouldn't expect a US firm to replicate them.

As for Brooks Bros., while I think their Regent suits are tops, their shirts cannot compete with H&H for price or quality.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have several purchased a couple of years ago. They are very
satisfactory but not in the league with H&K . For me the H&H
collar points seem a bit short and the collars are a bit stiff, not
exactly fused, but stiffer than H&K or T&A. Otherwise an
excellent value.

·
Registered
116 Posts
are they a slim fitting shirt or big cut. i have a big neck and shoulders compared to my waist so alot of shirts look very baggy on me.
I think H&H are good, although I don't think they have as good a selection in slim fits as CT. Not many shirtmakers can hug my 33 wasit with a 44 chest without some bagginess.

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm beyond happy with the 7 HH shirts that I bought on sale from their website 4 weeks ago. They definitely lived up to the forum hype and I've actually had colleagues comment on the shirts (just basic white and blues) which has never happened before.

That being said, I'm a slim 15.5/33 which required my tailor to take them in a few inches so as to not be incredibly baggy on me. It was a small price to pay for this very good value.

·
Registered
78 Posts
H&H are a great value

I own 3 of their shirts, the same number if H&K, and a number of T&A. I know many here would disagree, but I prefer the H&H shirts to the H&K's, and while I would rate T&A above the other 2 makers, H&H provides better value (which is not to say I would not still purchase or recommend T&A).

The fit on H&H's standard shirt is a bit baggy, though less so than "traditional" fit American shirts such as Ben Silver or PS.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have got in touch with them - the lady on the phone said that they had badly underestimated the demand for their slim-fits and they were hoping to have more in mid-December.
What a relief. I just visited their site yesterday and also noticed their slim fits were gone. I have a few from them and love them. Thought maybe it was only a 'one time offer', after not seeing them again.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I own 3 of their shirts, the same number if H&K, and a number of T&A. I know many here would disagree, but I prefer the H&H shirts to the H&K's, and while I would rate T&A above the other 2 makers, H&H provides better value (which is not to say I would not still purchase or recommend T&A).
H&H is a great value. Why is it that you prefer H&H to H&K? Style, fit, or fabric?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
With me it's the collars and cuffs of H&K ....

which I don't like. The collars tend to have their points lift off the shirt leaving a gap. I want a collar which has its points touching the shirt. Also, the soft collar and French cuffs are not to my taste. They are not fused, but neither are the H&H shirts. However, they use an interlining which gives the collar and cuffs the stiffness I prefer. A lot of people like H&K and shout their praises, but it just so happens that I don't care for them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My preference for H&H

I also prefer H&H's collars and cuffs to those found on H&K's shirts, for the same reason [that I like a firmer collar/cuff]. In addition, their button cuffs are deeper, which I like, and I've found the body of the H&H shirts I have to be slightly [but only slightly] trimmer. I know many posters would disagree and prefer H&K, and I'd certainly not try and make the case that H&H are better made shirts - I just prefer the style and fit for the reasons mentioned above. I'd not hesitate to recommend both.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.