Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,689 Posts
There a few stores that stock Hardy Amies, Fenwick on Bond Street (not far from The Row) and I suppose they will have to stock until the stock is sold.

Quite a lot of the range was awful and the off-the-shelf suits for under £300. Although they did a few nice items, in particular a jacket.

Will have a make another visit and find out if they will stock until they sell-out or they will stop selling the brand by the end of the month.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
I have the one in the middle it's good but don't you think it gets a bit exhausting?

The Hardy Amies book is great it's really funny how he likes four button suits. I think it was published in the late 80's? He goes on about in the 60s he thought that style would triumph over three button and how he was wrong but he thinks it will come back and stay dominant. Obviously it didn't but if I ever was to wear four button (again) the only way I would is if it was one of his.

A great Man. And actually not given as much credit as he deserves. I have worn an early 70s Hepwrths overcoat of his for 15 years and it was old when I got it from a charity shop. It is still great looking, people think it is Miu miu. When it finally goes I will make myself a new one to the same spec.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
There a few stores that stock Hardy Amies, Fenwick on Bond Street (not far from The Row) and I suppose they will have to stock until the stock is sold.

Quite a lot of the range was awful and the off-the-shelf suits for under £300. Although they did a few nice items, in particular a jacket.

Will have a make another visit and find out if they will stock until they sell-out or they will stop selling the brand by the end of the month.
I think towards the end the licenses were all over the place. In the US HA menswear was like Pierre Cardin with a British name, but it seems like some of the stuff sold in the UK was made by Chester Barrie (at least until 2000 or so), with ties by Holliday & Brown. And some... was not...

· Registered
2,689 Posts
I think towards the end the licenses were all over the place. it seems like some of the stuff sold in the UK was made by Chester Barrie (at least until 2000 or so)
Probably, but the spec for most things was bad (I am being polite) and having the Hardy Amies name on it was a disgrace.

To think, the same place that makes the high spec Huntsmans and Richard Anderson RTW (and MTM) made the Hardy Amies RTW range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.