Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
the silence is deafening
The sound of one hand clapping.

Two answers: Probably. And I don't know.

I've got two sport jackets from them which I like, but in 2014 they were sold -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardwick_Clothes

and my jackets predate the changes to their merchandise. Their old line was decent quality at a reasonable price for fused jackets. And most importantly for my preferences, their clothing was full cut, and traditionally styled. That has changed.

They now have multiple cuts, but they've all been "updated." I.e., made less generous, lapels skinnyed, button stance raised - even what they label "classic fit" is different from what they had been offering. The other major changes are that they introduced some canvasing, and dramatically raised their prices. Is it better? Depends upon what you want.

As I've explained, I know little about their new line, and I know nothing about the specific suit you're looking at. Irrespective of description, I have to wonder if it's from their old line or new.

Same advice as always; shop clothing, not price. I.e., don't be seduced into buying stuff you're not firmly convinced of just because you see a low price.

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops, sorry about that, the image is a little over exposed. I've bought from Carl. I'd say, if you like the suit and have a need for it, it's probably OK quality and a decent value.
lol, no worries.

these are for my groomsmen. this is the classic fit with the center vent. he would sell them to me at ~$275/ea. including tax and shipping.

$300 for the more modern cut with the dual vents and a slightly lighter shade of navy. apparently "3/4 canvas as well" as noted here:

not sure if it's worth the extra $25/ea. just to have dual vents.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
lol, no worries.

these are for my groomsmen. this is the classic fit with the center vent. he would sell them to me at ~$275/ea. including tax and shipping.

$300 for the more modern cut with the dual vents and a slightly lighter shade of navy. apparently "3/4 canvas as well" as noted here:

not sure if it's worth the extra $25/ea. just to have dual vents.
My personal preference runs afoul of dressing members of a wedding party in the same clothes, unless one is a member of the military, or a civilian counterpart such as police or fire. I could offer much argument as to why I find that distasteful, but assuming that boat has sailed, . . . .
I'll simply wish you a most hearty congratulations! :beer:

If the only choice remaining is which of the two cuts to chose, it would seem to me that the classic cut would be the more desirable due to likely being more forgiving to a larger range of physiques.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.