Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing the Gentleman's Corner (), I came across a great new sock source. Happy Socks of Sweden. https://happysocks.com.

They use a cotton blend from a Turkish factory that has produced military-grade socks. Combed cotton.

In contrast to another AAAC find, Viccel socks, which focuses on quality solid colors, Happy Socks is out to add some flair to your look with bold, high-contrast, tasteful socks in a variety of original patterns. At one end they have adventurous choices like mismatched socks ("Odd Couple") and 3-d illusion socks ("Optic"):

But they also remain grounded with some pastels, solids, and stripes that really pop:

Not to mention everything in between. Socks in patterns I've never seen elsewhere. These aren't just well-made socks, they are lovingly designed too.

In particular, Happy Socks really have fun with the 'unseenness' of socks and parts of socks: try wearing sober black with light green feetings that no one will ever see:

Or a staid dark brown that flashes pink along the heel as you leave:

And the price is RIGHT! Happy Socks normally go for $10 apiece (already a bargain, if they are anything as quality as claimed), but three separate discounts/deals apply during their summer sale (on now):

(1) free shipping on 4 or more
(2) half price on 10
(3) free extra sock if you fill out a simple survey at the end

This looks to be a company that really does right by its customers. The site is extremely fun and easy to navigate, and their return/exchange policy is sane and clear.

If fun, bright socks are your thing (they are mine), this is really a goldmine.

I've ordered my 11; I'll be sure to post about them when I get them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
They look a trifle short to me, and their website shows no over-the-calf socks that I can find.

:(

Too bad, since just this morning I was thinking of how pleasant it would be to have some more exciting socks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, I forgot to mention that. Not over-the-calf.

Me, I tend to wear fairly long trousers/jeans: not to mention I'm on the small end of the sizing scale, which means I often get proportionately more length per sock than someone ordering larges.

·
Banned
127 Posts
This brand had become my new fav for socks! And now they make 'knee high' ones so guys who want OTC can get something close to it! I have about 30 pair and looking to order a few more, they wear well for the $10 price and you can't beat free shipping and no tax when you order 4+ pairs from their site. Also Barney's NY Co-op is selling some exclusive colorways, you have to buy them in two packs at $30 ($15ea) but worth it!!

Here is a photo of one of the Barney's NY ones -

·
Registered
205 Posts
I looked at the site, and potentially liked the socks, but I have to admit that I couldn't tell which were for men, and which for women. Any tips? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.