Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I am looking for a Fall jacket (not a Suit jacket, but a 'winter jacket') for my Father.

He lives in India and would like to wear it when it gets a bit cooler in Nothern India and for his travels in the region.

The temperatures out there are not frigid, usually in the 40s and 50s.

He is 6ft, 38inch chest, 36 inch waist, 16.5inch neck, 34/35 sleeve.

Any suggestions for a nice jacket that I can buy online or through a retailer. I can go to a store in Boston or Philadelphia, although online is easier.

I can spend up to $400-$500/- if we get something nice, but dont even mind spending $100 if a LL Bean or Lands end is the way to go...

Thanks,
desidude

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I would go with a dark color, e.g. Navy, Black. He dresses simply, i.e. Shirt & Trousers, or Shirt & Jeans, so something that is not too 'funky' (e.g. I dont think he would wear a ribbed jacket) would work.

At times he may wear a sweater inside, so we need a little room for that.

He will not use to jacket to carry many items, e.g. mp3 etc, thus too much functionality is not needed.

In terms of styling, something classic or conservative modern would be great...

Hope this helps...basically I am looking for something that is warm and looks smart, not like something I picked up from a yard sale.

Thanks,
desidude

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was looking for more of a Columbia/North Face/Polo Windbreaker type jacket as opposed to an overcoat or blazer...

Would BB sell the wind breaker type jackets? e.g. something with a hood?

Thanks,
desidude

·
Registered
499 Posts
What about a covert coat / lighter overcoat / peacoat? Something along those lines? Can be dressed up or down depending on his outfit, will look good with jeans / dress pants / or a suit.

** edit ... here's a start

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.