Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen jeans with such label: "Hand made". What does it means? How can it be :confused:? I don't get it. Is it just some kind of advertising or mark of quality? By the way, I've seen such label on Pierre Cardin Jeans :icon_smile_big:. On the label was another interesting thing: exclusive denim :icon_smile_big::icon_smile_big:and tailored by:icon_smile_big: bla bla bla

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's a gimmick. All clothing is hand made, in that human hands held the cloth in the sewing machines that sewed them together. They sometimes also say hand finished, which means people sand them, beat them, and rip them by hand, instead of passing through a machine that beats them up, or chemically distressed. I avoid those.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a gimmick. All clothing is hand made, in that human hands held the cloth in the sewing machines that sewed them together. They sometimes also say hand finished, which means people sand them, beat them, and rip them by hand, instead of passing through a machine that beats them up, or chemically distressed. I avoid those.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
It means it is not made by robots. There are some machines than can make a suit from a peice of cloth, almost without a human touching it.

If somone hand holds it into a sewing machine, they claim 'hand made.'

But it is meaningless. Real hand made, means, of course, no machines, and sewing with your hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.