Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that this may have been discussed in the recent past... Apologies then for bringing it up again.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on barbers/stylists in Manhattan? Thanks much.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
I read it would be on June 22 when, if not delayed, phase 2 of NYC's "reopening" happens.

Having gone almost four months without a haircut, I'm hoping the date holds. My hair is starting to look like it did in high school 40 years ago - long and floppy (it was the '70s, everyone's hair was long and floppy).

Kidding aside, these, mainly, small businesses need to reopen if they are going to survive.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I got my barber to cut my hair short just before the Big Q, and then I bought a trimmer from CVS and ever since then have trimmed my hair to a buzz cut, which was sufficiently well-received by the ladies of my acquaintance that I will keep it after it's all over.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,705 Posts
I got my barber to cut my hair short just before the Big Q, and then I bought a trimmer from CVS and ever since then have trimmed my hair to a buzz cut, which was sufficiently well-received by the ladies of my acquaintance that I will keep it after it's all over.
Yahoo, another convert. Amazing how many of us could become our own barbers when every hair on our head is intended to be the same length! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Yahoo, another convert. Amazing how many of us could become our own barbers when every hair on our head is intended to be the same length! ;)
Unfortunately, my self-barbering efforts were akin to the adage regarding a man who acts as his own lawyer. It would have been better for me to fire up the Stihl weed wacker and have the wife give it gas while I plunge my head into the trimmer.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,705 Posts
Unfortunately, my self-barbering efforts were akin to the adage regarding a man who acts as his own lawyer. It would have been better for me to fire up the Stihl weed wacker and have the wife give it gas while I plunge my head into the trimmer.
Now that approach would, for sure, leave a mark! LOL. ;)

·
Registered
Tie
19,547 Posts
I read it would be on June 22 when, if not delayed, phase 2 of NYC's "reopening" happens.

Having gone almost four months without a haircut, I'm hoping the date holds. My hair is starting to look like it did in high school 40 years ago - long and floppy (it was the '70s, everyone's hair was long and floppy).

Kidding aside, these, mainly, small businesses need to reopen if they are going to survive.
I've gone 2 months without one myself, Fading I heard from Cuomo it would be July 6th, So which is it? July 6th or June 22nd? I can't wait any longer, my neck feels quite itchy.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
I've gone 2 months without one myself, Fading I heard from Cuomo it would be July 6th, So which is it? July 6th or June 22nd? I can't wait any longer, my neck feels quite itchy.
I texted the woman who cuts my hair and she says it's scheduled to be June 22, but she did say it could change. I guess we won't really know until they actually open.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Before the lockdown here in Ontario I could predict the way it was going based on the situation in Italy, so I rushed in to get a haircut (it was kind of due anyway). Sure enough, a few days later everything was shut down.
But now it's that time again... it will take a while before I consider a pony tail or - the horror - a man bun, but it's getting there...
Funny thing is that dog groomers were allowed to open before barber shops in Ontario, so I was toying with the idea to go to a groomer and demand a poodle cut...

·
Premium Member
6,051 Posts
^
Here's what I can do with scissors. I have to say I outdid myself this time.
Vurry nice. Were you able to 'carve' anything into the back, you know like symbols and stuff, like the P&P I have in mine? Shirt, tie and jacket combo super summery. Very Queens, or wherever you live. Nothing wrong with a good Queens look wherever anybody lives. Except maybe where I live. [Woods] Jacket, tropic wool? Silk? Cotton? Pick one, not wrinkling enough to be linen. You'll want to bronze those scissors, put 'em next to the baby shoes. Memories, covid's not gonna be here forever.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Vurry nice. Were you able to 'carve' anything into the back, you know like symbols and stuff, like the P&P I have in mine? Shirt, tie and jacket combo super summery. Very Queens, or wherever you live. Nothing wrong with a good Queens look wherever anybody lives. Except maybe where I live. [Woods] Jacket, tropic wool? Silk? Cotton? Pick one, not wrinkling enough to be linen. You'll want to bronze those scissors, put 'em next to the baby shoes. Memories, covid's not gonna be here forever.
Thank you. The back is quite difficult with only scissors!

The jacket is a linen and cotton blend. It was also fresh out of the box, so it didn't have time to develop the wrinkles yet. I'm better dressed for a resort town than for New York City! But the haircut will take me anywhere.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.