Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having monitored AAAC off and on for some time, much of the discussion seems to be related to business attire. Very helpful, thanks to all. Not much that one of my meager knowledge can contribute, but I thought I would mention Habsburg to those of you who might be searching for a genteel look outside the office (I'm not a merchant, so presumably it's OK to mention the website here instead of the sales forum: https://www.habsburg.co.at). Men, use the "back" navigation thru the site b/c the men's articles come last, and the ladies here may use the "forward" navigation. The line is out of season right now, but in a couple of months you'll start planning for autumn.

I've seen the genuine articles in the Munich airport store. You can see them online, but IMO (and I have no credibility in this forum to convince you) they do look and feel nice IRL. Yes, sorry to say they're OTR, since I know there are many devotees of bespoke here. But if you've got a hankering for a Tyrolean take on "la chasse" and country living, and the colors, it's a good line. Detailed silver or horn buttons. Check out the hunting collar and leather on the forearm on the "Otto" model. They even have loden capes (not recommended for paralegals in NYC -- haha). The line is owned by a company called Schneiders, and I checked their showroom in the garment district in NY, and the Beretta store on the East Side, but only the Beretta store had just a cord jacket or two, and the stuff is pricey for OTR. Not sure if anyone else in the US carries it. Curious to know if anyone has an impression of the quality -- or alternative sources of the style in the US. I'm having a knock-off of the brighter "Cornelius" made. Now you know I'm not a shill.

One other thing. The German name "Gesellschaftskleidung" suggests a kind of business clothing (or maybe "society" clothing -- maybe a better German translator could clarify for us). Clearly not what the anglophile would think of wearing in town, but they do things differently in different places. Let's face it. Even the POW dons something other than Savile Row pinstripes from time to time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.