Men's Clothing Forums banner

Gurkha Trousers

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  paxonus 
#1 ·
A nice image of Gurkha Trousers, single pleats with the unique waistband. I have an authentic kukri, the iconic Gurkha knife, that would go quite nicely with it. The model is no Gurkha, though, although it is likely he is from the subcontinent.

1642704490999.png

See less See more
#6 ·
Petermans' are on sale. I'm tempted as I find myself that inconvenient size. 38 waist is too tight and 40 falls off! Since they are marked "generous" and "adjustable" I may give them a shot. Certainly the shorts would be convenient come July and August.

#8 ·
Sarge, you hit on the original reason why Gurkhas (and maybe others) wore these in WWII. Often suffering privations in the jungle or on a campaign, they had to adjust their trousers to fit a changing waistline. I think you might be well-served by them. And then, LOL, right there on the banks of the Willamette River, you can offer up a silent prayer (or a blood sacrifice, like the Gurkhas do) to Shiva or Kali, the god and goddess that the Gurkhas worship traditionally. Like many others in Nepal, the Gurkhas are Hindus, but many also practice Buddhism.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.