Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
After reading the articles I'm still not exactly sure what a "Groovy Old Man" is, but I have to agree with one thing that was said in one article about not clinging to youth as much as not believing that they ever got old. I can identify with that.

Most of my friends are in their late 50's-early 60's and I've known many of them for decades, a few all the way back to the 1950's. I don't see any of them "clinging" to anything as much as I see them refusing to throw anything away as long as it is still viable. I don't think most ever stopped doing anything solely because of the calendar, but rather because they just couldn't do it anymore. I think there is a difference.

When I started my career I was 27 years old and many of the men I worked with were 50ish. They dressed like older men, they drove four door sedans, and in most ways just seemed "old".

Now I see my friends, almost all of whom are older than those guys were, riding Harley-Davidsons, driving sports cars, playing tennis and racketball, and in general enjoying a lively and active social life. And yes, much to the consternation of most here, they still wear jeans. I see almost no comparison between my 60 year old friends today and those 50 year olds I worked with in the 1970's.

Cruiser

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.