Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a pair of light to medium grey flannels. J. Press has them for $112.50, While over on STP they offer Rivieras in a wool/cashmere blend for $99.00. Hickey Freeman has a great looking trouser on it's website, but double the money. I'd appreciate you thoughts on quality.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
My experience with Riviera is that they have several quality levels - a pair of cords I got at Nordstrom is one of the best pants I ever bought OTR. The pants I ordered from STP recently were not as good (still a nice garment, but the previous one was superior).

I have no experience with J.Press pants.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Looking for a pair of light to medium grey flannels. J. Press has them for $112.50, While over on STP they offer Rivieras in a wool/cashmere blend for $99.00. Hickey Freeman has a great looking trouser on it's website, but double the money. I'd appreciate you thoughts on quality.
I do not own the Press flannels, but I just recently purchased a pair of Riviera's from STP. If you catch them on sale (which happens often) they're a good value. I just received mine and their at the tailors for cuffing, but from the few times I tried them on, I was pleased. I'll probably buy another pair.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I thought the fabric on the STP Riviera's was as nice as Brooks' flannels (and the cut is better for me), but I dont know about Press.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I've ordered a few different ones from STP. In general, the cut are relatively slim in the thigh and leg but with a rise similar to Brooks. Not as taut across the behind as Corbin or Berle.

Also, the waist is true to size. If you lay a 32 flat, it will measure exactly 16" across which is often not true in this day and age.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My experience with Riviera is that they have several quality levels - a pair of cords I got at Nordstrom is one of the best pants I ever bought OTR. The pants I ordered from STP recently were not as good (still a nice garment, but the previous one was superior).

I have no experience with J.Press pants.
This is true. However, the pants referenced are the blend of wool and cashmere, which I have. They are excellent. I have a pair of BBs which are similar but do not fit as well. Nice fabric, great drape and they keep you warm --which is very important here in "the land of Lincoln."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.