Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
it depends

If you're looking at straight up quality the grensons are going to better.

However, the grensons are an unsual design and I'm more of a fan of "classic" shoes. (e.g. I dream more of ed green than lobb paris - can't afford either though)

I have the brooks and I would caution you that the brown color isn't as rich as on the brooks website. (I posted photos you can find on here) I like them though

JP

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have those Grensons. Nice shoe for the money. I know nothing about the Peals, but tried-on some Peal monk straps when getting some trousers hemmed, and they felt molded to my foot. I had to go up a half-size on the Grensons-seems a little narrow to me.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Need to purchase a pair of brown dress shoes. What does everyone think of this Grenson:

https://www.benniesshoes.com/catalog/SHM/GR/8138-200.html

versus this BB Peal & Co.:

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa..._Id=1306542&Parent_Id=305&default_color=Brown
Sorry, I don't care for either. Don't like perforated leather, such as the Grensons.

Peal is a brand, not a make. It's hard to know who made these bluchers. They don't look like bad shoes, but neither do they look like particularly good ones, and to me, the overall look of the shoe is lacking. I'd spend a little more, and get a better looking shoe. Or save, until I could afford to.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Of the two links you've shown ....

I prefer the Peals over the Grenson. I have four pairs of Peals which I understand are made by C&J or Sargent. If I like the style of the Peal, I choose it because of fit and price. On sale the Peals are a good buy, but they also fit my narrow foot better. I would prefer to buy only C&J handgrades, but they are more expensive. The US shoemakers are catering to a wider foot, and I cannot wear A-E, Cole Haan, Johnston & Murphy. They are just too wide. Most of the Peals I have seen, come in a D width which is much narrower than the shoes listed above. They fit me well, as do the C&J handgrades, and I haven't been able to find a shoe with as good a fit. If you have a wide foot, the Peals, may not be the shoe for you.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
BB

Although both are nice, you can't go wrong with the Peal.
It will alwys be a trusty go to.
Play it safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.