Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
Just bought a nice pair of Grenson double monks at DAKS today. There is a range of 15 styles made by Grenson for DAKS and they are all currently reduced to between £120 and £180 a pair in Jermyn Street. However, if you go to the Old Bond Street store they are offering an extra 20% off of the sale prices. I think the sale will only last until the end of trading tomorrow (Saturday the 9th of August).

The shoes are apparently all made in England and are made to something around Rose Collection standards (no channelled soles unfortunately). All models are exclusively made to order for DAKS. They include a Chelsea boot, derby wingtip, double monks, suede Oxford, suede brogue, grain calf derby and grain calf Chukka boot.

The last used has a lovely chiselled toe look to it and some of the styles are very attractive indeed. The standard width fitting is an F so if the Rose Collection lasts fit you well you'll probably like these shoes too.

Sorry for the late heads-up but hope this is still useful to someone. I think for the Bond Street prices (between £96 and £144 with the extra discount) they are great shoes for the money. The shoe bags even have the signature DAKS check on them. Certainly makes them easier to locate in my shoe cupboard!

Chris.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.