Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.

I am a new member, although I have been religiously visiting
this site and have gleaned a vast amount of sartorial knowledge.
It is nice to know such a group exists.

I am a collector of watches and have recently developed a love
for grosgrain straps. I see the Orvis SuperSlim Rep Stripe watch
is on sale for $119.00, which includes 5 straps. Considering I
just bought two bands from Smart Turnout (great bands, however,
the shipping time from England is horrible) at $25.00 a piece, the
Orvis watch seems like a decent price.

Has anyone purchased this watch package, and if so, how is
the quality?

Tom

· Registered
527 Posts
Welcome Tom. If you like grosgrain watchstraps, you may want to look at Central Watch. They sell their striped watchstraps for 5 for $30. Many members here, including myself, wear these straps on a daily basis.

Cheers.
theyre cheap enough but i dont think theyre made as good as the ones i have from Brooks. my central watch bands have all frayedat the ends

· Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome.
I also have two BB bands that I purchased in 2004 and they are of
great quality,however, they are too thin to wear with any of my
watches. So, I just wear them as a bracelet on a casual weekend
while at the lake.

· Registered
61 Posts
I can't speak to the quality of the watch and straps you questioned. However, I would offer as an alternative to the BB and Central Watch straps mentioned above to look at the offerings by Leatherman LTD.

I can not speak to the longevity of their products as I have only recently acquired them. I would say that, based upon my limited exposure, the quality of these bands appears to be somewhat less than those available from BB but are much nicer than the ones offered by Central Watch. Of course, their price reflects that opinion.

Hopefully, someone will be able to answer your initial question.

· Registered
1,279 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I believe that there was a thread about this watch a while back, and the consensus opinion was that you could obtain the Orvis watch and Smart Turnout bands at a substantial discount if purchased separately. FWIW, I have two Orvis field watches and have not had any problems with them -- they're decent quality for the price. I wear bands from Central Watch, and have not had any problems with them (they have held up nicely).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.