Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject: Florsheim Imperial Kenmoors - Corrected Grain?

Hi I was wondering if the Kenmoors are made using corrected grain leather or
full grain leather?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kenmoors are made using Full grain

Miki Rotili
Service à la clientèle/Customer Service
WEYCO GroupCANADA
Brass Boot/Florsheim
Nunn Bush/Stacy Adams

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know my size. As least not with 100% certainty. Plus I have yet to see them once in person. I would like to do that to determine if it's a bargain or a waste of 2/3 of the $ of a pair of AE.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Not To rain on Your Parade But,...

I don't know the standard leather manufactures use to grade leather, or if those standards exist, if they are internationally recognized.

That being said, a few years ago when I found out that Florsheim was to stop all American production I got hold of the product manager in hopes of finding an American made pair of their flagship Kenmoore Imperial Long Wings.

He was a wonderful guy who helped me find a pair and made the deal truly worth my while throwing in several extras knowing how much I loved Florsheim shoes.

At that time he assured me the Indian made Imperials would be of the same quality as the American made shoes. Based on that I purchased two pairs, one in the long wing and one of the pebbled tan calf,

I will admit they looked exactly like the American made Kenmoors. The leather however was worse than I could have ever anticipated. On both pairs the leather stretched out so much after three of four wearings I shelved them and recently gave them to a young kid hoping he could get some wear out of them.

In my opinion the Indian made Kenmoores are worth less than a hundred dollars. (The only reason I say they're worth this much is because they give the LOOK of an expensive long wing, the quality of the leather however is very poor)

Best bet is to find some NOS, (New Old Stock) or lightly used Imperials via EBay. I just purchased a very lightly used pair on EBay for $30.- (U.S.)

Best wishes,

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon

P.S. If you've narrowed your search down to a pair of Allen Edmonds McNeils of the Indian made Kenmoors for heaven sake spend the extra money and go for the McNeils!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ebay is no good for me cuz I need 10 or 10.5 EEE I'm thinking. Besides, I'm not even sure how to tell the difference between vintage and the new Kenmoors...

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I don't know my size. As least not with 100% certainty. Plus I have yet to see them once in person. I would like to do that to determine if it's a bargain or a waste of 2/3 of the $ of a pair of AE.
You can go to your local shoe store and have your feet (both) measured using the Bannock Device® foot-measuring device (). Go at the end of the day when your feet will be swollen. Purchase a couple pairs of socks or shoelaces that you will actually use (preferably, on sale.) If they are real business folks, they will be happy to do this. If not, go to another store.

Regarding the current Florsheim product, you are likely to be dissatisfied with the qualify. You might look around for some NOS Florsheim shoes -- that would be a coup...

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
You can go to your local shoe store and have your feet (both) measured using the Bannock Device® foot-measuring device (). Go at the end of the day when your feet will be swollen. Purchase a couple pairs of socks or shoelaces that you will actually use (preferably, on sale.) If they are real business folks, they will be happy to do this. If not, go to another store.

Regarding the current Florsheim product, you are likely to be dissatisfied with the qualify. You might look around for some NOS Florsheim shoes -- that would be a coup...
Trust me friend we're only trying to help you. Just go to EBay and type in your size. Knowing you're a multiple "E" you can type that in too and you'll will narrow down the list of shoes.

You will find Florsheims if you'll take the time to look. Keep in mind that the Florsheim Kenmoore Imperial stands with an elite group of men's shoes and it was manufactured for many years.

You'll find a pair if you look. I found a pair for you to use as an example.

These are a more worn than the pair I recently purchased,....but they are quality and they can be completely rebuilt,...They would be a steal!)

good luck,

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well maybe I'm doing something wrong or they are misspelled listings. I've searched just florsheim then filtered by 10 and 10.5 then EEE. I just see Lexingtons :crazy:.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
The Imperials listed on the link I posted just sold for $49.-. You have to be a bit patient and wait.
Personally I only purchase "Buy Now" listings.

Set up an EBay account and watch.

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Imperials listed on the link I posted just sold for $49.-. You have to be a bit patient and wait.
Personally I only purchase "Buy Now" listings.

Set up an EBay account and watch.

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon
I'm not sure I'm into wearing another dude's shoes. Kinda weirds me out. But your link gives me hope. I'll will monitor EBAY like a hawk. That pair sold in what 4 hours or so? Damn... Are there usually many bidders?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.