Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are at least a couple regular AAAT posters from Toronto.

What are some good thrift stores and used clothing stores that have good chance of carrying the stuff we're interested in AAAT? Preferably near the Financial district/Harbor?

For full-price, I know of BB and Harry Rosen. BB is BB, nothing special; and there's nothing specifically Ivy about Harry Rosen.

Help much appreciated!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Thanks. This gives me a broad list to choose from. But could any informed members here help me narrow it down to the places that are very likely to have the stuff that interests us folks at AAAT?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True that eagle. I suppose I could use more patience. 98% of the time we are disappointed in the kind of stuff we seek.

I suppose my question could have been re-phrased as, "Which are the neighborhoods where we are more likely to find 'trad'-centric items?"

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
On that other forum, there are a dedicated group of full-time thrifters in Toronto. The bad side of that is that they canvas the city and don't miss much. However, they can't be everywhere at the same time. Toronto is a huge city. It is amazing to see some of the stuff that they find up there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for this useful bit of scuttlebutt. Didn't know about the high concentration of vultures in Toronto.

Add the fact that the Ivy influence never truly reached North of the border, and I'm beginning to think this is an exercise in futility.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Thanks for this useful bit of scuttlebutt. Didn't know about the high concentration of vultures in Toronto.

Add the fact that the Ivy influence never truly reached North of the border, and I'm beginning to think this is an exercise in futility.
I wouldn't say that. One of the guys finds some amazing trad items up there. Plenty of JPress and older Brooks Brothers. The one thing that they never find in Toronto is Alden. It's somewhat of a running joke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.