Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I recently lost 16 pounds & need to pick up some new shirts. What is a good source for fitted/trim fit button downs? I just ordered one from Nordstroms & another from Lands' End. Any other stores or websites you would recommend?

Thanks for the help, this is an incredible site!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Inexpensive: Banana Republic, United Colors of Benetton, Sisley, J. Crew
A little more expensive: TM Lewin Slim Fit, Club Monaco, Polo RL Custom Fit, Lands End custom made, Brooks Brothers slim fit
Expensive: Prada, Turnbull & Asser, most Italian or French higher-end designers or Jermyn St./Savile Row labeled as "slim fit"

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I just wore one of my Brooks Brothers slimfit b.d. oxford shirts the other day. It's not the slimmest slimfit around, but it's slim enough for me (YMMV) and it has the true TRAD-itional b.d. collar roll that made The Brothers famous. You could do worse.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
My personal favorites are Borelli ($400-600) & RL Black Label (~$300 and even slimmer than blue label custom fit).

The regular custom fit is fine and available at a variety of price points. RL Rugby ($50-$100) is even slimmer, but don't size by sleeve (or sometimes even by neck) so I usually have to get them taken up an inch. Brooks actually isn't bad either.

Be careful when buying European brands, though. Many of the brands that make very slim cuts in their native countries produce special generous fits for the US. Borelli is a great example. The ones sold at Neiman Marcus fit like a giant Nordstrom shirt. The ones from Borelli in NYC fit like a second skin.

I personally don't like Nordstrom or the new Land's End slim fit. They have enormous arms and only slightly tapered bodies. For a truly slim build they just don't do it.

Good luck. There are a lot more slim offerings in every style.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Chi,

Please run a search. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum here. You will find dozens if not hundreds of threads on this topic. Best bet? Either have your shirts made or buy the shirts that you like, and have your tailor taper them if they are too full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.