Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good Norwegian sweater in a half-zip and preferably in a size small (I wear a 34R or at most a 36R suit jacket).

I'd also like to find this for under $100, if possible.

I really like this one:

...but it's way over my budget and apparently not available in a small any longer.

Anyone know of any good, less expensive alternatives?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Arrr, I should be able know this:mad: I would search shops selling stuff to tourists, but I don't think any of them has a online store as far as I know.

I get mine from my grandmother:p

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
what you are after is made by "Dale of Norway". They make very beautiful sweaters and are normally the company that makes all the sweaters for the Winter Olympics. Their stuff is very expensive and very good, I have never seen it sold cheaply and even the ones that come up on ebay are fought over. The best move is to try and score a Brand New With Tags version on Ebay outside of the winter months when the demand is likely to let up. I have never seen a company make inexpensive sweaters that are similar. If you find one let me know because I have looked.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Norwegian Sweaters

Just Google "Norwegian Sweaters." Plenty of retailers out there.

Yeah, they're pricey. And they're very warm; they're often used in the old country when we'd wear a jacket here in the new land. And they last forever.

If you can find one for under $100, it's probably not wool and/or it's an off brand. Can't go wrong with Dale of Norway, it's their equivalent of Barbour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.