Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Bills Khakis, the stone, or lighter colored chinos. Also maybe Tommy Bahama silk pants, same coloring, for spring and summer. Need a pair of penny loafer- type shoes to wear hopefully all year, in winter with sweaters and in summer barefooted. I had looked at say the Johnston & Murphy Ainsworth but thought I would put this to you men. I have a pair of Sperry brown topsiders, but not looking for so casual. They had some Pinch penny buckle shoes in a lighter tan, leather sole, with the monkstrap styling, for $89 at Dillards, but wife says a tad too dressy. I have some brown Coach shoes in suede with a bit, but suede sorta limits you and they are chocolate brown. Thoughts? Oh, and what shade of brown.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Brooks Brothers / Alden Shell Cordovan #8 color.
Classic and they will stop a bullet.
You can stomp out a campfire with them then wipe them with a wet cloth and you are ready for the office.
Why would you be stomping out campfires on the way to work you ask?
I'm not sure but it's nice to know that it can be done if the situation presents itself.:icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I would be interested to see what others recommend in this price range as well.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I bought the Lands end plain toe shoes on sale for $39.50 ... they are surprisingly comfortable and look great with khakis/chinos/jeans ... decent leatherand finish ... They are not worth the full price, but on sale, you gotta get them:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Need a bit more support that driving mocs. And I was thinking more of a slip on rather than something like a boat shoe, moc, or camp shoe. Penny loafer more so than a Venitian, and something I can wear with say Tommy Bahama silk shorts barefoot. I just cant seem to nail it, other than my wife seems to think the J&M Ainsworth.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Need a bit more support that driving mocs. And I was thinking more of a slip on rather than something like a boat shoe, moc, or camp shoe. Penny loafer more so than a Venitian, and something I can wear with say Tommy Bahama silk shorts barefoot. I just cant seem to nail it, other than my wife seems to think the J&M Ainsworth.
Sperry A/O.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.