Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was intrigued to see a new shipment of suits come into our store today from S. Cohen. We carry their standard line of suits as the entry level price in our "Boardroom" area of the store. Usually we have them in solids, two button, darted, with a center vent.

Apparently, when our buyer was at MAGIC in Vegas a month or two ago, there were all manner of deals to be had from manufacturers. A lot of big accounts like department stores have canceled orders due to the economy taking a nose-dive, so we bought up all we could find. First we bought a few hundred from Jack Victor, now today we had some odds and ends from Cohen, which brings me to my point.

Cohen makes for a lot of private labels, and when these suits were returned, rather than removing the private label, Cohen just sewed their own label on the opposite inside breast pocket.

There were a lot of labels I didn't recognize, but lo and behold - a few sack suits with the J. Press label. The fabric was a little nicer than the standard fabrics that Cohen sells, and they had a light pic-stitching on the lapels, with a VERY full cut, flat front pant, three sleeve buttons.

Anyone know what level of suit this is from Press? My guess is their Pressclusive, or whatever their cheaper suit is.

At any rate, knowing that Cohen makes these suits means that people are getting a pretty good suit for their money.

We didn't get many, but If I find many more of the sack suits, I'll post the sizes online to see if anyone wants one. We got a rather, eh, ahem... good price, so if I've got one in your size it might be a good deal.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I was intrigued to see a new shipment of suits come into our store today from S. Cohen. We carry their standard line of suits as the entry level price in our "Boardroom" area of the store. Usually we have them in solids, two button, darted, with a center vent.

Apparently, when our buyer was at MAGIC in Vegas a month or two ago, there were all manner of deals to be had from manufacturers. A lot of big accounts like department stores have canceled orders due to the economy taking a nose-dive, so we bought up all we could find. First we bought a few hundred from Jack Victor, now today we had some odds and ends from Cohen, which brings me to my point.

Cohen makes for a lot of private labels, and when these suits were returned, rather than removing the private label, Cohen just sewed their own label on the opposite inside breast pocket.

There were a lot of labels I didn't recognize, but lo and behold - a few sack suits with the J. Press label. The fabric was a little nicer than the standard fabrics that Cohen sells, and they had a light pic-stitching on the lapels, with a VERY full cut, flat front pant, three sleeve buttons.

Anyone know what level of suit this is from Press? My guess is their Pressclusive, or whatever their cheaper suit is.

At any rate, knowing that Cohen makes these suits means that people are getting a pretty good suit for their money.

We didn't get many, but If I find many more of the sack suits, I'll post the sizes online to see if anyone wants one. We got a rather, eh, ahem... good price, so if I've got one in your size it might be a good deal.
Let's me know. size 42.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.