Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fine people. I have a pair of the 405 Indy boots and would like to have a couple of modifications done to them by someone who knows what they are doing. The tongue on both boots slides off to the side almost immediately when wearing them and it is both annoying and at times uncomfortable. I'd like to have the cobbler sew the tongues in place on one side so this doesn't happen. Also, these boots have the neoprene soles which are to be blunt, slick as owl **** whenever I hit a wet or icy spot. I'd love to have some crepe type sole covers glued or sewn on in some way to provide a bit more traction. Anyway, these are the issues with the boots and I was hoping someone here could recommend a qualified cobbler to do the job well. Again, I am in the south Charlotte, NC area (Matthews to be exact). Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
I am looking for a new cobbler as well. I have heard good things about Snipes in Gastonia, but I haven't used them (a bit far for me.)

Hello fine people. I have a pair of the 405 Indy boots and would like to have a couple of modifications done to them by someone who knows what they are doing. The tongue on both boots slides off to the side almost immediately when wearing them and it is both annoying and at times uncomfortable. I'd like to have the cobbler sew the tongues in place on one side so this doesn't happen. Also, these boots have the neoprene soles which are to be blunt, slick as owl **** whenever I hit a wet or icy spot. I'd love to have some crepe type sole covers glued or sewn on in some way to provide a bit more traction. Anyway, these are the issues with the boots and I was hoping someone here could recommend a qualified cobbler to do the job well. Again, I am in the south Charlotte, NC area (Matthews to be exact). Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
The only two that I had heard good words about during my time in Charlotte were Myers Park Shoe Repair near the Providence/Providence/Queens/Queens intersection, and Sam's Shoe Fixery in downtown Matthews near Renfrow hardware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.