Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took off the seersucker jacket for the last time this year. My wife and I had a very nice dinner at Rowlands in Blowing Rock NC to celebrate our birthdays( Sept.3 & 4). I stretched the seersucker to 9 pm on Labor Day and enjoyed every minute of it !
On to fall with Harris Tweeds, camel hair and moleskin.
Best to all.
Tom

·
Banned
4,321 Posts
It is over isn't it? I'd love to see a thread on 'favorite memories' of (this) summer past. A few of mine would include finally nailing the front flip from the diviing board (and the resultant cheers from my girls), combing the shore and inspecting the tidal pools for signs of marine life (again with my girls), and a solo trip half way across the Trans Atlantic Trail on a BMW 1150 GS.

Here's to fall,

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Mine was a lovely summer, too. The best in over 40 years in many ways. But what I really can't understand is why, the day after I'm supposed to store away all my seersucker and linen, the weather has to be 95 and humid?
92 & humid here today, but tomorrow will only be in the 70s.

I spent many weekends hanging out on patios, knocking back a few and having good times w/ friends. Good times, good times...

Brian

·
Registered
643 Posts
I tend to think Summer is a state of mind, though not necessarily sartorially.

I try to head South 2 or 3 times over the winter, and neither pack trousers nor socks. It amazes me how quickly I can get back into Summer mode when I do. I just wish I had the time to go more often, or stay for more than a few days.

Already looking forward to the first sojourn in January. If I dwell on the past Summer to close to the end, it will just tempt seasonal affective disorder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.