Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking for good quality but not overly expensive business casual button down shirts for work and a place to buy them...

I started with Polo oxford style shirts but found them to be not that nice, I then moved on to Brooks non iron however unless I get them on sale they aren't really cheap.

Then I did Talbots mens for a while as my mother in law got a good discount, but their sizing is odd and unless I bought fitted shirts they never fit right.

And now I am at Joseph Bank with either there non iron traveller series or their signature series on discount (about $30-50)

Now I know I won't get much at around $50 or so but was wondering if I should look for something nicer? and if so where is a good place to look and what brands?

And any good brands of pants would be appreciated, I really only wear Polo Andrew chinos and what not but am open to something nicer.

Thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Land's End is a great choice. They have tailored fit in Hyde Park and their original $19.95 model. But the color choices are slim in tailored shirts. I usually buy a color I like and have it tailored for about $15.00 Good luck.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
nice priced crap

My friend

I recommend J Crew. Their white, OCBD shirts was rated the best, for the buck by a NY magazine. Over all our other favorites.
I have worn Brooks for many years. I am now not that big a Brooks brothers fan. Because of cost, and the crap they are making.
I wear the J Crew khakis. They are very nice, and cheaper. And wear better than Polo, or Brooks brothers. On sale, under 50 bucks.
Also look at the white and other, OCBD as well.
I agree, it is nauseating to find something decent, for a nice price. It can be done.
Joseph Banks for a cheap suit. That is not that bad either. Their signature suit, on sale
Nice day

·
Registered
233 Posts
The site looks interesting, I might try it when I have some extra cash, but I think it is a little higher on price than the OP was looking for.

Though if you believe their web site the shirts will outlast other brands, so it may be well worth the extra cash...

Jack

I think Mercer shirts are great and David is very nice to deal with.
You may wish to get the 2" slim if you do not want too baggy of a fit, and the 'tall' option if you are tall. There are many regular and premium fabrics, and the collars are unfused so very comfortable.

https://www.mercerandsons.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.