Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Geoff, when I was there a few weeks ago, they ranged between £80 and £130. The handgrades were £220.

There may have been a wider range in cost, however they were the extremes I can remember. The choice in handgrades in my size was pretty good. They even let me have a look in all the boxes in the storeroom and try on any that I liked!

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information! I imagine that given those ranges, the Connaught is around £100, then. Perhaps I'm better off phoning them myself, and having them ship to my cousins in Hertfordshire, rather than relying on proxies.

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do they ship internationally, and can one order via phone, ala the AE factory store?
My understanding is that one can order by phone only for orders to be sent within the UK. I called them up once, and tried to get them to ship to Canada, but they said that if they did so stockists would get very upset and there could be legal implications. I can't see how, given that AE will ship seconds despite a large number of stockists, and Herring Shoes will happily ship you Loake, Church's, and Cheaney seconds as well. I suppose their problem relates to how contracts or agreements with existing stockists have been drawn up.

Geoff

· Registered
314 Posts
Is the C&J factory shop still only open on a Friday and Saturday AM? EDIT: Just seen post #5

I would imagine stock is going to be varied so frequent visits/calls would be needed. £220 for Handgrade? With Pediwear price matching PLAL you can get a perfect pair for virtually the same price.

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't buy handgrade from the factory shop; benchgrade is another story. £80-£130 would be a phenomenal price for a perfectly good pair of C&Js that would be for everyday wear, and which would (hopefully) last a long time, especially if the defect is hardly noticeable. As far as I can tell, the only better deal would be AE seconds from the Shoe Bank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.