Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a little saturated by T.V. celebrities.Judge Judy is hard to miss, but I see so many judge robes, even crossing into various ethnic language programmes I can't name one of them. And the talk shows left me behind long ago. Oprah is a powerbroker, Ellen couldn't dress outside of her Annie Hall goes metro look and (I'm descended from Polish aristocracy you know) Maury Povitch is cranking out DNA paternity results. I hear this stream of unconsciousness when my aged mother sits down asking where the 'go around' is. I am trying to reteach her it's called a remote, channels haven't 'gone around' since our big Magnavox with wood panelling and stereo hi fi.
I'm usually in bed well before Leno And the morning bobbleheads are so annoying I turn on Thomas the Train.
T.V. has become just another annoyance, like driving: both passions of mine in younger days.
But I am so disgusted I feel like shooting the tube. A family therapist, big of stature and bald of plate looking like Shrek's long lost brother withMichael Jackson's skin creme just ran his mouth about 'Mr' Obama and his inevitable failure.
Leans forward, my tie fallling free between my legs and addresses the guest. 'Phill, you need to make some choices here, and soon, or you will be dead on the air. I can't make it any plainer, and I hope you will listen.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
But I am so disgusted I feel like shooting the tube. A family therapist, big of stature and bald of plate looking like Shrek's long lost brother withMichael Jackson's skin creme just ran his mouth about 'Mr' Obama and his inevitable failure.
I don't care for Dr. McGraw at all. Other than holding the royal warrant of Her Majesty Queen Oprah, the only thing he has going for him is that unlike Dr. Ruth and Dr. Laura (and Dolly Parton in that movie she did set in Chicago) he actually has a degree in an appropriate field.

And since the Liberal agenda is for Obama to pay our bills, cure cancer, and make fruit trees grow in the desert, how could he not be considered an inveitable failure?

I wish him well. I think he is capable of inspiring people to do great things. I just know that they've built him up too much and have left him not only with his problems he faces as President but with the expectation of the public that he's going to be able to solve them with a deft phrase and a wave of his hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.