Men's Clothing Forums banner

Gloveralls on STP

7K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  Jack1425 
#1 ·
I think I have settled on getting a Gloverall from STP. Reading some past threads, last year people were getting them for under $150 shipped, right now the best I can find is $190 or so shipped. Are the prices likely to drop signifcantly soon, or should I just suck it up & buy it now so I can get some use out of it?

Brian

#2 · (Edited)
Look for a coupon, by signing up for their dealflyer list. Other than that, if you don't need the coat right now you could wait for a better price. I don't know if the Gloveralls will really come down though. I bought a Partridge (made in the UK) because it was cheaper and I ended up really liking the coat. Mine had a wool tartan lining even though the description said it was unlined.

#7 ·
I have one of the Partridge coats (purchased from STP), and it is a 70/30 wool and poly blend. I believe that the polyester is intended to reduce pilling.

I was just looking at the STP site, and the Gloverall and Partridge coats seem priced a little higher this year. Also, the Gloverall selection does not seem that great (not much available in my size).

My Partridge coat is okay -- I don't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I probably got an okay deal. But, as I believe I may have commented in another thread, it is a little more "rustic" than I expected. It does not have a zipper, pocket flaps, or a plaid lining -- it basically is a piece of wool (and polyester) with a hood, toggles and patch pockets. I really like my BB duffle coat and wish it still fit me -- it is an entirely different animal.

#8 ·
On a whim, I went back to STP, they had the JP Duffles marked down to $162.47, woo hoo! Put it in my cart and showed up as only $138.10, whoa! Used my 10% off as a new member, got it down to $124.29 and upgraded for 2 day shipping for only $4.95 more for a grand total of $142.19 and I should have it for Christmas ;)

Brian

#11 ·
My JP doesn't have a zipper but I don't think duffle coats originally came with them. It does indeed have a green tartan lining. The seams inside are covered with black piping. The toggles are horn and leather. I can't tell if they're real horn or not. The pockets are patch with no flaps and there is a cell phone pocket inside the jacket. The fabric is a blend, 70/30 I think. No big deal considering the price I paid and it doesn't look bad. It actually looks quite nice. I bought a 38 and it's roomy enough to fit over a suit (I usually where a 39S in suits), which is nice as it while be a long time before I can afford a fancy camel hair or chesterfield type coat. If Ron_A's didn't come with the tartan lining, I think it's safe to say he got a different model of coat. vwguy, I think if you got the model I got, you will be pleased with your coat.

#13 ·
On a whim, I went back to STP, they had the JP Duffles marked down to $162.47, woo hoo! Put it in my cart and showed up as only $138.10, whoa! Used my 10% off as a new member, got it down to $124.29 and upgraded for 2 day shipping for only $4.95 more for a grand total of $142.19 and I should have it for Christmas ;)

Brian
Great find and a nice Christmas gift for yourself.

Cheers!

#18 ·
That's what I'd do. To me, it's worth the return shipping cost to know I got the size that fits best.
I'd probably go with a 40 in the JP. They are pretty roomy. If you want to be really sure, you could order a 40 and a 42 then return the one you don't like. STP has a very generous return policy.
Thank you gentlemen for your advice. If I buy one this season, I'll try the two sizes and return one.

Merry Christmas all!

#22 ·
Brian - looks great. I went with the Gloverall in brown (thanks to your post). I went up a size on STPs recommendation. Will try and post pics once it arrives.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks,
Lance

#26 ·
Well Brian....thanks a lot! After seeing your photos of your duffle, I had to have one. :icon_smile: So, I bought two (1 charcoal 40, 1 brown 42). Those were the only two in those sizes (except for black). I plan to return the one that does not fit. The coats ended up costing me $123 each plus shipping.

Although I do not need it, I am looking forward to wearing it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Santa was good to you. He was to me (which went straight to Brooks Brothers :icon_smile_wink:).

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.