Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I were you I would give Cleverley a ring 02074931058 as I dont think they are open on the 27th(sat) I am led to believe they open on the 29th(mon) when the sale start's.
I did double check and it does start on the 29th Dec (I did not read the email right). I intend to be there on the 29th Dec, as their styles sell fast. Good catch!

Happy Holidays

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the Cleverley sale, which started today and picked up some great shoes. I bought a pair of black oxfords and black slip ons which were priced at £225 each (todays exchange rate $333. AMAZING price.

They also have certain semi-bespoke models on sale, which I am going to go back tomorrow and check out.

It was very busy in there, so I would advise going early for sizes....

Anyone else pick up anything good?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very busy. Quite a few £225 styles in black: wholecut, adelaide, slip on. Semi bespoke £400 down from £500. Various bespoke oddments £500. And if you're looking for crocodile bespoke oddments down from £3000 to £1500. Wallets and cases half price.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very busy. Quite a few £225 styles in black: wholecut, adelaide, slip on. Semi bespoke £400 down from £500. Various bespoke oddments £500. And if you're looking for crocodile bespoke oddments down from £3000 to £1500. Wallets and cases half price.
Hi Arther,

I went back today for some semi-bespoke pairs and you were right, the store was very busy (especially at 10.30am when I was there). I was lucky to pick up a reject pair of bespoke, which were very close to my size for a good discount. The semi-bespoke pair I got was the black calf casual, with the design on the toe for £400 ($580). With the sale and exchange rates these shoes are a steal . BEAUTIFUL.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was lucky to pick up a reject pair of bespoke, which were very close to my size for a good discount. The semi-bespoke pair I got was the black calf casual, with the design on the toe for £400 ($580). With the sale and exchange rates these shoes are a steal . BEAUTIFUL.
IMHO, it is bad form to post WITHOUT pictures!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
What is the drill on their semi-bespoke? Is it as flexible as the EG MTO?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
There are still many of the bespoke samples left in the sale as well as a good selection of other shoes. Unfortunately they classed Russian Reindeer as an exotic skin at £3000 down to £1500 rather than £1500 to £500 or I would have bought their pair of Laced Norwegians about a size 9 in a widish fit. I left with a nice pair of tan (now dark tan) laced Norwegians at £250.

The other shops (EG, C&J, Trickers and Fosters) did not have much interesting stuff left in a 9 though C&J and Fosters bouth had Aveburys (balmoral boots) and EG had some interesting boots with a reddish? (memory slip) suede upper and lowers as G&G highland grain in a dark brown.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
Just picked up a lovely pair of suede semi brogues from Cleverley today. Still quite a few bargains available. £225 for Crockett and Jones handgrades (which is what the RTW shoes are) is great considering C&J themselves were charging £280 for most sale models and £250 for sale Handgrade seconds!!

The Polo Brown Calf Suede is a really lovely colour and the design of my shoes is something like the Westfield. Bit of a Belgrave-Westfield cross, then!

Thanks for the heads-up Kelliw,

Chris.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sorry- can't edit my prvious post after this time.

Just found out that the model I bought today is the Welbeck. I've seen it offered elsewhere in Chestnut (it was only available in the UK in black I believe) but haven't seen it elsewhere in suede.

Another nice touch is that the Cleverley shoes have the details handwritten in a small window like Grenson Masterpieces and Edward Greens do. Regular C&J handgrades seem to have the details stamped on the lining. Perfectly serviceable but rather less elegant IMHO.

Sorry to ramble but thought this might help someone sometime!

Chris.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello,
Just picked up a lovely pair of suede semi brogues from Cleverley today. Still quite a few bargains available. £225 for Crockett and Jones handgrades (which is what the RTW shoes are) is great considering C&J themselves were charging £280 for most sale models and £250 for sale Handgrade seconds!!

The Polo Brown Calf Suede is a really lovely colour and the design of my shoes is something like the Westfield. Bit of a Belgrave-Westfield cross, then!

Thanks for the heads-up Kelliw,

Chris.
Any photos to show us???? :)

Also, did you try their semi-bespoke? Got great deals on those at present........

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
No no photos I'm afraid. I don't own a digital camera. I love shoes but not modern technology I suppose...!

The semi-bespoke shoes did look nice-especially the golosh/balmoral Oxford-but I couldn't afford to spend any more this time around.

Thanks again,

Chris.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.