Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening:

I recently purchased two pair of canali dress pants at Marsh's in Huntington Station, NY. After taxes, it was over $700 dollars. Moreover, I think the quality dropped from three years ago, and they seem to be leaning towards a more European (narrower) cut. Personally, I always preferred the Hart Schnaffer & Marx (American) cut as I have a little bit of a belly :icon_smile:

In any event, I realized that I could probably get a pair of dress trousers made for less. Similarly, I should be able to do better than their entry level made-to-measure Copley suits which start at $1200.

Through research, I have identified the following tailors:

giorgenti.com

https://www.clothesforsuccess.com/

Does anyone have any opinions... good/bad/indifferent or does anyone know of any tailors that would be more reasonable than marsh's?

Thanks...
Germinator

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
Go with someone local and professional who you can see, touch, feel ... and who can take proper measurements. Try PM'ing the Wardrobe Girl, for example.

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
P.S.: You can regularly find Canali's at Bloomingdales for about $260.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Germinator,
You'd be happy with the fit and service at Custom Men. They're reasonable too, I paid about $200 for my custom flannel pants a year ago and I love them.
Good Evening:

I recently purchased two pair of canali dress pants at Marsh's in Huntington Station, NY. After taxes, it was over $700 dollars. Moreover, I think the quality dropped from three years ago, and they seem to be leaning towards a more European (narrower) cut. Personally, I always preferred the Hart Schnaffer & Marx (American) cut as I have a little bit of a belly :icon_smile:

In any event, I realized that I could probably get a pair of dress trousers made for less. Similarly, I should be able to do better than their entry level made-to-measure Copley suits which start at $1200.

Through research, I have identified the following tailors:

giorgenti.com

https://www.clothesforsuccess.com/

Does anyone have any opinions... good/bad/indifferent or does anyone know of any tailors that would be more reasonable than marsh's?

Thanks...
Germinator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.