Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have a wonderful Gingham shirt from Brooks Brothers that is wearing at the collar and cuffs. Maldonado in Texas has redone a few of my worn shirts, but what can be done for a patterned offering? Can you put white collars and cuffs on a blue gingham shirt and pull it off reasonably well? I have never seen gingham done as such. Thanks! Bill

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yes, you can put a white collar and cuffs on gingham ....

I have a blue and a purple with white collar and cuffs. They are rtw and came that way. You should have them put on French cuffs though. I want to try that firm on some of my older shirts. Let me know how they do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Help! I have a wonderful Gingham shirt from Brooks Brothers that is wearing at the collar and cuffs. Maldonado in Texas has redone a few of my worn shirts, but what can be done for a patterned offering? Can you put white collars and cuffs on a blue gingham shirt and pull it off reasonably well? I have never seen gingham done as such. Thanks! Bill

Do they have a website? or do you have there contacts?
thanks

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I have a light-blue block-check gingham shirt from Harvie & Hudson with a white collar and white double cuffs.

If you team such a shirt with a dark-navy suit (either solid or with a single-stripe pin or chalk stripe) and, say, a solid tie (I tend to favor a gold tie with this rig), it doesn't come off as looking like all that "crazy" of a shirt.

It's still not a shirt I'd wear to a job interview, but it doesn't appear especially "out there," either.

A slightly more pattern-rich variation is to wear the above shirt and suit with a navy & gold block-striped tie.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Help! I have a wonderful Gingham shirt from Brooks Brothers that is wearing at the collar and cuffs. Can you put white collars and cuffs on a blue gingham shirt and pull it off reasonably well?
You could do it, although I would not. It would look too odd. You could consider Paul Winston's suggestion of a blue collar and cuffs, but again I think it would be the same as a white collar and cuffs

Go to Maldonado and see what they say; maybe pin a seperate collar and cuffs to the shirt to see how it looks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.