Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I have been "introduced" to Hendricks gin and I love it.

I am actually drinking a second glass of G&T with Hendricks and a cucumber.

I received this particular bottle from a friend in Germany as it is not sold in Russia.

I will be travelling to the UK next week - where can I buy the damn thing ?

thanks in advance, Andrey

· Registered
3,258 Posts
Hendricks gin really is quite marvelous, isn't it? You can purchase it almost anywhere in greater London...I haven't been to an off-license that did not stock it. It is also widely available in the U.S.

Buzz
Hendricks is one of my favorites too. The cucumber they use in the distilling process gives it such wonderful character.

Plymouth Navy Stength Gin is very good too. Sadly it is no longer sold in the U.S.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
I was never a gin drinker then, a friend introduced me to Bombay Sapphire and on those hot twilights that offer no relief from the heat it was a perfect way to sit on the front porch and listen to the cicadas and talk with the wife.

THEN I was introduced to Hendricks, and there is still half a bottle of Bombay Sapphire still in the freezer after 12 months.

At present we have hit a hot patch here in the ACT its been 35c to 37c the past week. And for those that have been watching the tennis you'd know its around 44c in Melbourne.

So with no relief from the heat till the 8th February the Hendricks, is going down a treat, of course it the quinine in the tonic that I am drinking.:icon_smile_big:

· Registered
41 Posts
As an english gin lover can I take the opportunity to suggest Tanqueray Export Strength.

I'm also a big fan of Gordon's.

Not so keen on Bombay Sapphire (or Tanqueray 10 for that matter). I think I have a bottle of Hendricks at home, and possibly a bottle of Millers. Might try them over the weekend. Hic!

· Registered
907 Posts
You can also find them at better supermarkets like Waitrose. However, you should know that excise tax in the UK is very high so if you buy them from an air-side shop at the airport on your way back, the savings will be substantial. That said, you should confirm with the airport shops to make sure they actually carry Hendricks before you head back...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.