Men's Clothing Forums banner

Gentlemen with high waists?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ilikeyourstyle 
On this basis of a fine thread which is currently generating much discussion on this forum - A matter of rising concern - I was compelled to consider my own personal position on this subject.

Not just my philosophical position, but also my physical position. If that does not sound misleading?

You see, I have always been aware that for a man, I have rather long legs. Not long in the scheme of things. I certainly wouldn't stand out as a freak if I attended a convention of Olympic high-jumpers. However, for a gentleman of only the apparent UK average stature of 5'9", there is no doubt that my inside leg is longer than that of most men my own height.

In short, I have a high waist!

Now, I can't be the only one out there. As almost all the illustrated Esquire characters of the 1940s must have found themselves in a similar position. Have you seen the height of some of their trouserage?

I would be encouraged to hear from any other gents out there who find themselves also contemplating the length of their own legs, and the height of their waist. I would also be encouraged if you would be willing to comment on whether your leg and waist position has ever influenced the type of trouser that you buy, or any decision to abolish belts in favour of side-adjusters, as I gladly did when I entered the fine world of personal tailoring!

I look forward hearing from you!
Cliffs? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.