Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not currently own any white bucks, but if the situation warrants I might invest in some.

I honestly do not know what else would be appropriate for a blue seersucker suit. I have recently purchased these.

Any advice as to whether these would work, or if I should just go ahead and buy the white bucks would be appreciated.

Thank you, sirs.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Any advice as to whether these would work, or if I should just go ahead and buy the white bucks would be appreciated.
IMO those would work fine with a blue-striped seersucker. On the occasions that I don't wear white shoes (whether nubuc or leather) with my seersucker suit, I pair it up with light brown shoes.

· Registered
37 Posts
I would like to know everyone's thoughts on this as well. I have similar shoes to the above pic as well as some white Polo sneakers, don't know what to wear with a newly acquired Seersucker.

Also, not to highjack the thread but what is the best pant bottom to go with? My pants are flat front but I am leaning towards going with a cuff at the bottom unless I can be talked out of it. Thoughts are appreciated!

· Registered
4,773 Posts
I do not currently own any white bucks, but if the situation warrants I might invest in some.

I honestly do not know what else would be appropriate for a blue seersucker suit. I have recently purchased these.

Thank you, sirs.
These are very nice but I would prefer a lighter share with seersucker. Something a bit more casual: bucks, corespondent, saddle shoes, or maybe loafers would be nice. Leather and canvas corespondent in a tan shade would be very nice.

I really like these shoes...

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
I wear my chestnut calf, AE Coltons (just a shade or two lighter than the shoes pictured in the OP) with blue/white and/or Lt green/white seersucker. Going for the really casual effect, I have also been known to wear brown boat shoes wit the SS! :eek:

· Registered
1,992 Posts
I would only wear brown shoes with seersucker that is brown/white, tan/white, or brown/tan in color. In the last case you probably shouldnt wear white shoes w/o any white to pick up.

If eschewing white shoes with blue/white, grey/white, green/white suits, go for black shoes/belt.

I would stay away from 2 tone shoes for the most part, as well as contrasting collar shirts, keep it simple, the SS is busy enough in contrast.

Repp ties seem to work well with SS

· Registered
282 Posts
I would only wear brown shoes with seersucker that is brown/white, tan/white, or brown/tan in color. In the last case you probably shouldnt wear white shoes w/o any white to pick up.

If eschewing white shoes with blue/white, grey/white, green/white suits, go for black shoes/belt.

I would stay away from 2 tone shoes for the most part, as well as contrasting collar shirts, keep it simple, the SS is busy enough in contrast.

Repp ties seem to work well with SS
+1 on the black shoes with black belt. It gets around the dilemma of what belt to wear with white bucks, although I think braces are the answer. I'll even wear black bit loafers in less business-oriented settings. I've also seen tan bucks work nicely.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why not have both?
Just because I hate to buy (as does my wife) a pair so shoes that would go with only one suit....unless of course I buy more seersucker suits.

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm going to wear shoes similar to the ones you have pictured, but I'm also most likely going to be purchasing white bucks so I'll probably rotate.
I might have to do the same if I buy more than one ss, but for now (and based on the replys) I think I will stick with the Strands. Thanks to everyone.

· Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
8,748 Posts
White bucs are handy for summer wear in general, so they would be more versatile than just with a seersucker suit (eg, khakis, linen trousers, reds). They're also (relatively) cheap. However, the semibrogues would work very well with seersucker if you're dressing it up a bit (I like to do this, too, sometimes), and would also be quite versatile with other suits and sportcoats. They could also be worn year 'round. A lot of it depends on what your wardrobe needs otherwise.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.