Men's Clothing Forums banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,769 Posts
...and here's a third vote for Popeye's red beans and rice, with a big mess of their deep fried crawfish...to go with some cajun chicken, of course!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Several fried chicken recipes I have call for the chicken to be first soaked in buttermilk!!
I have seen this...usually when I do wings, I soak them in buttermilk (or regular milk) for like a couple of hours before I fry them up...don't ask me why, that's just how I learned it...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have been trying to eat healthy, but... I do like fried chicken and chicken fried steak. I have not eaten at popeye's for years. I agree with the gentleman from Big D about Babes, but the family owns a small place in Highland Park across from SMU called Bubba's. That is where it is at!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have been trying to eat healthy, but... I do like fried chicken and chicken fried steak. I have not eaten at popeye's for years. I agree with the gentleman from Big D about Babes, but the family owns a small place in Highland Park across from SMU called Bubba's. That is where it is at!!
+1 for Bubba's :aportnoy:

Also, AQ Chicken House in Springdale, AR (the original location, since it has now been turned into a small chain) is legendary for fried chicken.

·
Site Creator
13,181 Posts
I really like Kentucky Fried Chicken :)confused: maybe it's growing up in Kansas?), but my problem is that all the near by KFC's have gone out of business.

The nearest one is a couple of miles away (and out of the way!). I guess my community is to foo-foo to support KFC.

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,679 Posts
I like KFC, but I almost never have it since I've been in my weight loss program.

That stuff has a ton of calories. I do buy just one piece once in a great while. It is pretty good chicken.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
25,808 Posts
I realize that this is a 'zombie' thread but the subject is eternal. Should any one of you ever find yourself in South Central L.A., there is a small chain called Golden Bird. Do not hesitate to stop by and order some of theirs. Marvelous.

Reactions: eagle2250
21 - 40 of 95 Posts