Men's Clothing Forums banner

Formal Yacht Attire????

32K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  Alexander Kabbaz 
#1 ·
Longtime reader first time poster looking for some input. I am attending a wedding this weekend at an upscale East-End Long Island yacht club and the invitation calls for “Formal Yacht Attire.” Would love to hear what other members think this means. FYI, I was thinking blue BB blazer gold buttons, gray slacks, white shirt french cuff MTM shirt and perhaps a BB ascot and pocket square, however I fear that it may seem a bit costume'ish (maybe appropriate given the fact that it is a day after Halloween :icon_smile:). Thanks in advance for the help.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Formal Yacht Attire -- Update

First of all, let me thank all those who took the time to share their insight and opinion, I truly appreciate it.

So...I have since learned that there will be no boating, therefore boat shoes will not be required. I have also learned that the men in the wedding party will be wearing blue blazers and khakis.

My final decission -- BB navy blazer, gold buttons, gray flannel trousers, white FC shirt, AE loafers, tie & pocket square (color/pattern t.b.d).

Interesting side note, groom told my wife that he utterly regrets the wording on the invite and had to field phone dozens of calls over the past few weeks from confused guests.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.