Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This coming August it looks like I will be having the pleasure of traveling to Bermuda to visit a friend from University. Seeing as how it is a much warmer climate then what I'm used to I'm starting to plan my vacation wardrobe now. The reason simply being that as a student I need to make smaller purchases here and there and cannot afford to get it all out of the way with at once.

Currently I'm doing alright with some more casual items, Madras shorts, boat shoes, seersucker shorts and a polo, but I'm having trouble figuring out some good evening wear for when we eventually hit the town.

Any suggestions are welcomed but please consider that there will probably be some budgetary constraints.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
On Bermuda, you have three options for the evening.

1. Full Bermuda rig of blazer, shorts, knee-socks, shirt and tie. Really only for some sort of special occasion.

2. Stay as you were during the day. This works for the Swizzle Inn where, if you showed up in Option 1, you'd look decidedly out of place.

3. Stay as you were during the day and throw on some long trousers.

For 2 and 3, if it's cool, a windbreaker will do.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to bring this back up but just wanted to say thank you for all the helpful responses. It'll be awhile but hopefully I will be able to post some pictures for you of the trip towards the end of the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.