Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,769 Posts
Carrying the spare tire in a rack on the back reminds my of the old Ford Broncos, equipped with a similar rack on the back of the vehicle. Great vehicles! ;)

·
36,769 Posts
Vintage Vespas were ubiquitous in Pakistan. But I prefer this ride I saw in Memphis this am...

View attachment 32819 View attachment 32820 View attachment 32820
If you are going to go that big, get yourself a Harley Davidson. My mid-life crisis resulted in my going out and buying a Harley. It was indeed a whole lot of fun and I really enjoyed the biking culture, but alas, age and an arthritic back caught up with me and rides of any real duration went from being calming and enjoyable to being more than just a little uncomfortable! The bike sat largely unused in the garage for a couple of years, until our grandsons began showing interest in it. Not wanting them to get involved with motorcycles I came to my senses and sold the Beast in 2013. Good memories though! ;)

·
36,769 Posts
Reminds me of Robert Persig's book, " Zen And The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance." A great read, for sure...I think that book was one of my reasons for eventually getting into Harley Davidson's. How many people in their right mind(s) buy a bike because it requires more maintenance than some of the other Brands? :icon_scratch:;)

·
36,769 Posts
The lure of a winsome biker waif was part of the equation that convinced so many of us 'wannabe 1%ers' to buy an iron horse. I maintain that I am a 'real man' and real men ride Harley's, but the truth be known, if I'd purchased a Vespa (rather than the Harley) I suspect SWMBO would have traded me in for another model! LOL. ;)

·
36,769 Posts
"A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away..."when our grandsons began to show undue interest in my Harley Davidson I decided to retire the hobby and the bike I considered flushing the gas tank, draining the fluids and using the bike as a static display in the man cave. However, it was pointed out to me that my plans would not serve to dissuade the grandsons interest in motorcycles, so I sold the bike. Alas, it would appear that someone (whoever took the picture above) is living my dream, displaying their Iron Horse in the house! LOL. ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts