Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Amusing. I'm guessing "trad" is short for "traditional" though. It does fit the bill as a "traditional three button notch lapel" suit.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Very nice, from what I can see of it. At one time all the Oxxford clothing I encountered was TNSIL. And very nice it was! When Barney's was still truly Barney's downtown, they had a great Oxxford MTM program for very conservatively styled suits and jackets. Sigh . . . .

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I thought about the suit, and while it's not trad, it's still nice and it should be worn well.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think this is a MTM suit as the COF on the label indicates "customers own fabric". I believe thats what that means. Anyway, the Trad part may be special also indicating a type of cut. I have never seen or heard of an Oxxford model called Trad, though there may be one. The Owentsia model used to be considered pretty traditional with "natural shoulders"(albeit their version) and plain front pants. Mark S. should weigh in on this and provide definitive information.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
"Trad" is short for "Traditional" same as "3Btn" is short for "three button." They aren't trying to call a darted suit what it isn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.