Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I'm envious. I was in New York last week and didn't get to do very much.

I thought of interrupting my conversation and excusing myself to chase Flusser down...but that would have been rude and very New York.
Actually, that would be very much not New York.

In New York, you see Liza Minelli in the line at the grocery store, sit next to Ronald Perelman at the shoe shine, and stand next to Donald Trump at a urinal. You say hello, they say hello back, you go on your way.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
miket- I agree New Yorkers are overly saturated with celeb sightings and usually do the right thing - - Respect their privacy and leave 'em alone. In that sense my reference to "New York" was wrong.

What I was trying to get at was ambition. It would have made a lot of sense to end the conversation I was having, introduce myself, give Flusser my card and tell him what a fan I am of his books, style and would he be having a sale anytime soon. I just thought that would a been a rude thing to do. Especially since the dealer was charming and giving me time without a hard sale. But I appreciate your comments and your condolences.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
What I was trying to get at was ambition. It would have made a lot of sense to end the conversation I was having, introduce myself, give Flusser my card and tell him what a fan I am of his books, style and would he be having a sale anytime soon. I just thought that would a been a rude thing to do. Especially since the dealer was charming and giving me time without a hard sale. But I appreciate your comments and your condolences.
I can understand the temptation. Really, if it were anywhere else but New York I think it could have been done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.