Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Take Ivy post had me curious about this classic look. The Florsheim Langsford
is available for a a list of $140 at various online shoe stores now but discounts abound
Here's a link:

Has anyone seen them or tried them on. I love the look and had a Sebago pair
from Hitchcock Wide shoes but they dicontinued them. The Langsford looks great and
in inclement weather would fit perfectly under a pair of Tingley Moccasin Overshoes

https://www.muldoons.com/muldoons/p...)&pf_id=PAAAIAJEPHBDPGEK&dept_id=4653&s_id=0&

·
Registered
715 Posts
I guess they also could be called Venetian loafers, but the posts on Tintin's blog relate to the Florsheim Yuma.
I'd forgotten about his post on the matter. The Yuma looks better to me than the Langsford but it may just be the camera angle.

I also think its funny that he ties them to Route 66. I like the shoes, but they certainly weren't worn by Martin Milner if the Florsheim didn't start making them until 1965. The show only ran from 1960-64. I'll have to start looking more carefully at my DVD's of season 1 to see if I can spot any of Todd's footwear.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The Yuma looks better to me than the Langsford but it may just be the camera angle.
Agreed. I don't like the look of either in pictures though - either the one you link to here, or the picture on TinTin's blog. Something about the long, plain vamp framed by the ridge around the toe just doesn't play in my mind.

But I was suprised by how good they look on people in pictures from Take Ivy. Really cool; very trad.

I guess the answer is to try them on and see how they work on your foot. You never know; if they DO work its tough to beat this price.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I'd forgotten about his post on the matter. The Yuma looks better to me than the Langsford but it may just be the camera angle.

I also think its funny that he ties them to Route 66. I like the shoes, but they certainly weren't worn by Martin Milner if the Florsheim didn't start making them until 1965. The show only ran from 1960-64. I'll have to start looking more carefully at my DVD's of season 1 to see if I can spot any of Todd's footwear.
He doesn't tie them to Route 66 any more than he ties them to beer cans; he merely refers to memories generated by the look of the shoe.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
These are about 10 years old - Tommy Hilfiger, made in Mexico - but they are full grain leather (not corrected grain) and have a full leather sole with half rubber/leather heel. I've even had them resoled once.

I'd prefer a pair of pennys in this exact leather and configuration (AE Walden), but these just won't die!

·
Registered
862 Posts
The Langsford is on sale for $105 on the web site. I bought the "buy two pr get the second for 50% off" at the NYC store. I have mixed feelings about 'em but the look of the shoe is great. Cheaply made but what do want for $100 odd bucks. I'm thinking of taking 'em to E. Vogel and having a pr made from them.

I just posted a review / pics of the Yuma/Langsford that'll be up in ten minutes.

www.thetrad.blogspot.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.