Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Florsheim Imperials that I bought in 1995. After 13+ years of faithful service they are showing considerable signs of wear. However, the reason I'm posting is to try to find out more about this particular model shoe. Back in 1995, I paid $125 for them and I fell in love with them the moment I put them on my feet. The leather is so soft it feels like it was molded on my foot.

The shoes are black balmoral wingtips that say Made in Italy on the inside. They have a very interesting and quite useful feature: The sole covering the forefoot/ball area has a rubber tread on it, while the arch or bridge area is leather, as is the very tip of the sole. The heel is a rubber/leather combination. I have always loved this feature of the shoe because it helps prevent slipping or sliding on smooth surfaces. In addition, it is quite sturdy. After 13 years of weekly wear, the rubber tread looks like it could go 13 more. Sadly, the sole along where the rubber tread inset fits in, is starting to split. I'm not sure if a cobbler could fix this or not.

I know I need to post pics, but just based on my description I would greatly appreciate it if someone knows what model shoe these are and how or if they can be recrafted.

I have owned AE's, Aldens, and Ferragamos but these Florsheim Imperials are by far the best shoes I've ever owned.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Interesting. I'm not familiar with Florsheim Imperials made in Italy. In any case, I encourage you to take them to a good cobbler. In my experience well-maintained shoes last indefinately, or at least until the shank breaks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
595 Posts
Before I lose myself in the endless world of google, does anyone know off hand what year (or time period) Florsheim Imperials stopped using v-cleats.
I know that I've seen shoes old enough to have the modern logo, but still old enough for it to be gold-embossed, that have at least the rows of nails, if not the cleat itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.