Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Florsheim site and noticed a new pair of boots on sale. The site showed they didn't have my size in stock so I logged in to the webchat. Operator told me they didn't have them at the warehouse but they could order them from one of their stores and have them shipped to me for free. She was able to view the store inventory in Texas, (too far), California (further still), then she found them in Boston, much closer.

Plus, when I mentioned a coupon I saw here in the forums, they said they would accept it -- bam 20% off, free shipping and no sales tax.

I was very impressed with their attentiveness and can-do attitude.

Though I LOVE BB, could not help but contrast. I placed an order for a pair of shoes last Monday. Received an email today that it is backordered and will be shipping out on 12/2.

Now which one of these is the high-end store that runs a first-rate operation?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I will have to agree with your assessment of Florsheim customer service. I purchased a pair of shoes online that were on sale. The shipping was free because all orders over $100 from the Florsheim website have free shipping. In addition I had a promotion code for an extra $25 off. I received my shoes at the sale price with free shipping (very fast), but the promotion code did not take so I was not given the extra $25 off. I did not notice the absence of the extra discount when they arrived, but I did a couple of weeks later when I was going over my credit card charges. I then called their customer service number and without me even asking the rep said he would immediately credit my credit card with the extra $25. He apologized and said that sometimes promotion codes on websites do not take.

Florsheim has ALWAYS had good customer service. I remember it back in the day when my father swore by his Florsheim Imperials. And even though I am a big Alden and Allen-Edmonds fan, I must say that Florsheim shoes aren't bad either. I am referring to their Imperial line, particularly the Kenmoor and Canfield models.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any news on your shoes? How do you like them?
The boots are very comfortable and the fit is excellent. My foot tends to be a bit wide but I did not have a problem with these boots at all.
I like the way they look with chinos and jeans.
I was waiting to wear them a couple more times before issuing a final verdict and I may still do so.
But so far so good, no complaints whatsoever.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's the final verdict on the Florsheim Gering boots:

I reiterate that they are very comfortable and this is an important point to mention: while there is room in the toe box, there is neither too much nor too little room. What this means for me is I can't wear the boots with thick socks but this is not an inconvenience whatsoever.

Other than that, I wear the boots with all sorts of casual pants and they look pretty good.

All in all, I am satisfied with my purchase and would recommend them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good to hear that you have had a positive experience. Online experience to be exact. Great initiative from the staff.

If only I was half as lucky as you..

Recently, I visited my local Florsheim boutique and I had a terrible experience. Not only was the staff inexperienced, he was indifferent. Maybe this is an isolated case. I was unlucky. But sadly, a brick and mortar shop is supposed to have an edge over online shopping with that human touch or personalized service. Well, I know I wont be back for long long time. I am better off shopping online!

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is a small Florsheim seller in my city that I am visiting today. I have always had great CS experiences there. I have also had good luck wiyh online purchases for my dad who still swears by his Imperials.
I must say, the Kenmoor longwing is looking better and better everyday!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.