Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

After working with the MyTailor folks, I think we have come up with a decent fit. These pictures are after wearing the shirt all day. By the way, please ignore the tie--its colors look wierd in the picture.

The main thing I'm going to change is to have the arms taper more through the forearm. I'm also thinking about extending the front edge of the collar by 1/4 inch.

https://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0001jv6.jpg

https://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0002we7.jpg

https://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0003lx8.jpg

·
Registered
816 Posts
They look like they fit you pretty well. A picture with your arms in the air would also be helpful.

As you said, the arms could maybe use a littler tapering. Overall, I would be pretty happy. I've ordered a few shirts from Joe at mytailor and have been pleased.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm considering ordering a shirt through mytailor. Can anyone comment on the fit with regards to armhole opening; I have pretty slim arms. In the measurement section they don't provide a field for entering any measurements related to the arm opening.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The fit looks ok ..... but I've said it before and I'll say it again ....

None of the shirts I've seen posted fit any better than my RTW shirts from Harvie and Hudson or Duchamp of London. Slim people with a proportional body that can fit into RTW with a six-inch drop, do not necessarily need custom shirts and suits. If you want to buy them, that's fine; but you don't need them to be well dressed. Also, I have seen some rather stout people on this forum, whose custom clothes wont due them any good without a drastic weight loss.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I can see your point about the sleeves, they also look a tad long to me but held back up your arms by the cuffs so that it doesnt all pile up on the backs of your hands. I think the cuffs look a bit on the long side as well.

The material looks great as does the rest of it. The collars could go a touch longer (the points) and maybe spread a bit less (my taste) but if you didnt do anything to them they would be fine really.

Is that shirt completely ventless across the back ?

·
Registered
816 Posts
None of the shirts I've seen posted fit any better than my RTW shirts from Harvie and Hudson or Duchamp of London. Slim people with a proportional body that can fit into RTW with a six-inch drop, do not necessarily need custom shirts and suits. If you want to buy them, that's fine; but you don't need them to be well dressed. Also, I have seen some rather stout people on this forum, whose custom clothes wont due them any good without a drastic weight loss.
In the case of this poster, you are probably right. However, I have a very slim figure and have a difficult time finding OTR shirts that fit me well. Hugo Boss slim fit come close, but they still usually have a little bit too much fabric at the waist. And since mytailor charges anywhere from $55-$70 for a shirt, why not go that route? Especially when they have tailors that travel around the country and measure you in person.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm considering ordering a shirt through mytailor. Can anyone comment on the fit with regards to armhole opening; I have pretty slim arms. In the measurement section they don't provide a field for entering any measurements related to the arm opening.
Your best bet is to meet one of the traveling tailors and get measured in person. There is no extra charge, but you will usually have to order more than one, as opposed to online where you can order just one. I'm not sure if they come to Canada though. Their schedule is on their website.

If you must order them online (which I have done with Jantzen and had great luck with measurements), state somewhere that you want higher and smaller armholes. I believe they have an area for comments on their site? I haven't looked at in awhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.