Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for some sport shirts on Brooks Brothers and came across some I liked in the Country Club line. They are not labeled as traditional fit, luxury, slim, etc - does anyone know what the fit is supposed to be? I normally wear slim and can tolerate luxury, but traditional is just ungodly huge. Any ideas?

· Registered
3,297 Posts
The latter (huge).

· Registered
6,066 Posts
The Country Club sport shirts are the luxury fit. They are not as slim as slim fit, but not as huge as the traditional fit. They are closer to the Regular fit in Brooks Select. I wear 16.5x35.5 slim fit Brooks select dress shirts and I can wear a Large Luxury fit sport shirt with no problem. They are a little bigger, but just enough to be 'sporty.' They look nice with Bills. They are certainly sized to comfortable. At full price they are not a very good deal IMHO. And they are the only OTR shirts I can find that fit enough to be wearable. You'd think I'd pay in gold, but $148 is just not a good value. They are mostly made in Malaysia. The buttons are nice, but no one else notices besides me and my wife.

· Registered
2,396 Posts
CC shirts are not luxury. They are traditional and I think even bigger. I bought one in spring of last year and had to havemy tailor take it in all over. Especially the arms which are hugh and I am a big guy. 6'2" 210 lbs.

· Registered
6,066 Posts
CC shirts are not luxury. They are traditional and I think even bigger. I bought one in spring of last year and had to havemy tailor take it in all over. Especially the arms which are hugh and I am a big guy. 6'2" 210 lbs.
These are the ones to which I was referring:

Country Club Corded Ground Stripe Sport Shirt
Pure cotton. Luxurious corded fabric woven in Italy. The original Polo® button-down collar. Luxury fit. Side gusset and cheveroned split back yoke. Signature shirring at barrel cuffs. Left chest pocket. Mother-of-pearl buttons. Featuring two sleeve lengths-regular and long. Machine wash. Imported

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...t_Id=1391704&Parent_Id=297&default_color=Blue

Country Club Segmented Stripe Sport Shirt
Pure cotton woven in Italy. The original Polo® button-down collar. Luxury fit. Side gusset. Signature shirring at barrel cuffs. Left chest pocket. Superdurable logo buttons. Featuring two sleeve lengths-regular and long. Machine wash. Imported

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...t_Id=1389468&Parent_Id=401&default_color=Blue

· Registered
446 Posts
These are the ones to which I was referring:

Country Club Corded Ground Stripe Sport Shirt
Pure cotton. Luxurious corded fabric woven in Italy. The original Polo® button-down collar. Luxury fit. Side gusset and cheveroned split back yoke. Signature shirring at barrel cuffs. Left chest pocket. Mother-of-pearl buttons. Featuring two sleeve lengths-regular and long. Machine wash. Imported

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...t_Id=1391704&Parent_Id=297&default_color=Blue

Country Club Segmented Stripe Sport Shirt
Pure cotton woven in Italy. The original Polo® button-down collar. Luxury fit. Side gusset. Signature shirring at barrel cuffs. Left chest pocket. Superdurable logo buttons. Featuring two sleeve lengths-regular and long. Machine wash. Imported

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...t_Id=1389468&Parent_Id=401&default_color=Blue
Yes, they are luxury fit. I'd caution, however, that they aren't worth their retail price.

· Registered
6,066 Posts
Yes, they are luxury fit. I'd caution, however, that they aren't worth their retail price.
I agree; even at the Clearance price they are hard to cost-justify. Thank God, I don't even try! :devil:

Brooks Select is competitive with the Country Club line at full price and Made in the USA.

I like to wear them when I go somewhere everyone else is wearing work polos and khakis. I wear them with Bills and Aldens, of course. It's all the conforming I can stand.

· Registered
446 Posts
I agree; even at the Clearance price they are hard to cost-justify. Thank God, I don't even try! :devil:

Brooks Select is competitive with the Country Club line at full price and Made in the USA.

I like to wear them when I go somewhere everyone else is wearing work polos and khakis. I wear them with Bills and Aldens, of course. It's all the conforming I can stand.
Lol, sorry. I didn't realize until now that I've only repeated information that you have already provided. (tries to remind self to actually read threads next time)

· Registered
331 Posts
I was looking for some sport shirts on Brooks Brothers and came across some I liked in the Country Club line. They are not labeled as traditional fit, luxury, slim, etc - does anyone know what the fit is supposed to be? I normally wear slim and can tolerate luxury, but traditional is just ungodly huge. Any ideas?
I'd basically assume that any BB shirt not specifically labeled as "trim" or "slim" or whatever is going to have a variation on the standard BB look: i.e., roomy. If you're a trim sort of guy, the shirts will probably need some serious tailoring post-purchase.

"Ungodly huge" really depends on how slim you are. But if you're the least bit thin, the standard-issue BB shirt width is going to look silly on you right off the rack.

· Banned
661 Posts
I have never noticed the CC line to include luxury fit, but have never paid real attention to this. I have several BB CC shirts in the traditional fit. The best thing is they are not coated with non-iron teflon. Based upon my shopping, most of them are traditional fit, which I prefer and do not consider to be "huge", although I look the brooks full fit. They fit me fine and I am at 6'0" 185 lbs and in good shape. Even 20 years ago and 20 lbs lighter, they fit fine.

I also have several luxury fit dress shirts. I like the 2 button cuffs, however the sleaves seem a little short. I also often miss the pocket. They are also USA made as are the CC shirts I have purchased. Over the last 5 years, more and more of these shirts are non-iron which is a shame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.