Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Changed your mind, I see
If it were me, I'd get midnight blue. The board seems to be generally giving the advice for black. It doesn't really matter to me what the OP gets. Like I said, if he feels "safer" with black, he should get black. Ultimately he has to be able to wear it confidently, whether its black, blue or pink.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had a horrible experience with Jeff and Baroni and will not recommend him.
I've dealt with Jeff many times, and his customer service is excellent. He is very friendly, efficient and helpful. Many others on this site have had the same experience with him. He is very fast with his service and communication and he generally has a good policy on returns and exchanges. I'd be curious to hear about the nature of your bad experience.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
If it were me, I'd get midnight blue. The board seems to be generally giving the advice for black. It doesn't really matter to me what the OP gets. Like I said, if he feels "safer" with black, he should get black. Ultimately he has to be able to wear it confidently, whether its black, blue or pink.
Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
If I owned only one dinner jacket it would be midnight blue and be a peak lapeled DB. Blue looks better than black at events that begin while the sun is still shining, which is probably why the Prince of Wales wears his blue one under those circumstances.

Blue or black, a cummerbund should be black and so should your tie and lapel facings.

You can choose to get a ditto waistcoat when you buy your jacket but it's not necessary, especially if you get a DB. You can obtain a silk one later.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I've dealt with Jeff many times, and his customer service is excellent. He is very friendly, efficient and helpful. Many others on this site have had the same experience with him. He is very fast with his service and communication and he generally has a good policy on returns and exchanges. I'd be curious to hear about the nature of your bad experience.
Search for a thread about two weeks ago.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I personally think if your going to get a 3 button front notch lapels are the most appropriate match. That said I'm not a big fan of a 3 button front or notch lapels on a dinner jacket, I just feel that with the higher stanch of a 3 button jacket a peak lapel often projects itself too far at too steep of an angle and looks like it was made 10 years ago. The notch will not as extend as far and will not seem as disproportionately dramatic. With the lower stance and longer lapel line of a one or two button jacket a peak looks more graceful and formal to me. The rest of the advice seems comprehensive.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.