Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appointment next week to see MyTailor and be measured for shirts. While I've done MTM before, this will be a new experience for me, and would like to be prepared.

Other than choice of styles for fabric [I suspect I'll be choosing Thomas Mason], collar, cuffs, and placket, are there other questions I need to consider and answer for myself beforehand?

Any other tips or things I should remain aware of to ensure the best results?

Thanks to all in advance for your help and advice.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have had good experiences with My Tailor and shirts. Know what style you want and a general idea of what type of fabrics. Don't waste time looking at their samples on the internet. Looking at sample books is very different.

Only order the 2 shirt minimum for new customers so the fit can be tweaked for the next order. However, my first order fit very well and the tweaks on the second were very minor. If you really need more than 2 shirts, go ahead and order.

I have been averaging around $100 per shirt, the last order was $106 shirt average, the first around $95. Spending a bit more on nicer fabrics really does make you look better.

He will try and sell you tailored garments, and based on the pictures I have seen here, I don't recommend them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.