Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from a new member! Although I have never actually posted, I have been an avid reader of this forum for quite some time (I believe that 'lurker' is the preferred nomenclature, although I find something about that word unsettling).
Finally, however, I have a question that has not seemingly been asked recently (maybe it has, and I'm just a fool - I couldn't find it using the site search, and if it has been addressed, please just point me in that direction and be done with it). First, however, an explanation: I have been given the opportunity to live in Florence, Italy for half a year. (I know, I know. But somebody has to do it). Obviously, getting in some shopping while I’m there is a serious priority for me.
At last! To the question: where should I go? I know a fair number of Italian tailors, shirt makers, etc. However, being an ignorant American, I only know the ones that have made a name for themselves over here. I'm sure I'm missing many, many good ones (and personally my tastes run to smaller firms, where individual service is the highest priority - exactly the kind of place I've probably never heard of). Furthermore, do any of the best have a good retail presence (not just warehouses that ship stuff overseas). Finally, will my lack of fluent Italian be a serious problem when trying to discuss the minutia of design?
Lastly, I'm looking to seriously augment my wardrobe while I'm overseas, so don't limit yourselves with advice: suits, shirts, ties, casual wear, belts, shoes, socks, undergarments, anything and everything you can think of.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.