Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

In my efforts to upgrade my footware, tonight I purchased my first pair of Allen-Edmonds shoes. A pair of Perry's from Nordstrom's Rack. The tag on them clearly states that they are worn and refinished (which I do not mind). Compared to my normal fare (inexpensive on sale Dockers...yes I know, not exactly what one would consider a "fine piece of workmanship"), I believe that it is a step up even if they are refinished. In your opinion, is the $99 I spent on them too much for this shoe, just right, or a good deal?

cjp

· Registered
105 Posts
Hello all.

In my efforts to upgrade my footware, tonight I purchased my first pair of Allen-Edmonds shoes. A pair of Perry's from Nordstrom's Rack. The tag on them clearly states that they are worn and refinished (which I do not mind). Compared to my normal fare (inexpensive on sale Dockers...yes I know, not exactly what one would consider a "fine piece of workmanship"), I believe that it is a step up even if they are refinished. In your opinion, is the $99 I spent on them too much for this shoe, just right, or a good deal?

cjp
Suppose it depends on the degree that they were "worn and refinished". In general a pair of AE's at $99 is a very good deal. More importantly this is your first 'hit' and you'll want more ... I still have my first pair that I bought about 8 years ago and they're so comfortable I refer to them as my slippers. I've looked at other shoes since and just keep going back to AE. Have to figure the value is there given how long they'll last you.

Can't say I really like the rubber sole models, but they are quite comfortable and in some situations preferable.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To my admittedly untrained eye, the shoes are almost indistinguishable from new. The soles appear to have no wear on them whatsoever. No obvious signs of wear (creases, scuffs etc.) on them.

They had a pair of Parks for $150...but they were 1/2 size too small. Perfect fit on one foot but too small for the other. Luck of the draw at the Rack.

While I would have preferred a leather sole, the rubber sole should be ok.

cjp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.