Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlemen.

I've just started my journey recently into the art of dressing like a grown up, and I have to say this forum is a God send.

My question is, I've just purchased my first pair of shoes (Loake Aldwych) with a second pair in transit (Barker Lancaster), what products are the essentials that I need?

I understand Saphir is up there with the best, but after searching through the online catalogue, there is so many its confusing!

A little help in the right direction would be much appreciated =)

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies gentlemen!
Start simple and build from there...Venetian Cream, old 100% cotton T-shirts torn into strips and horsehair brushes. Each time you buy a new pair of shoes add a tin of the toned shoe cream/polish that matches the hue of your new shoes! Meticulous shoe care/maintenance can prove very Zen! ;)
Yes Ive been told it can be even therapeutic polishing ones own shoes.

So Ive just taken ownership of my Barker shoes from Herring and they look superb.
They were also kind enough to throw in a jar of there shoe cream. However after applying this to one shoe and giving it a good buff, it actually became more dull then it originally was. Is this normal? So Ive only polished one shoe and when holding it next to the other shoe, it appears slighlty less shiney =\

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.