Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,101 Posts
Start simple and build from there...Venetian Cream, old 100% cotton T-shirts torn into strips and horsehair brushes. Each time you buy a new pair of shoes add a tin of the toned shoe cream/polish that matches the hue of your new shoes! Meticulous shoe care/maintenance can prove very Zen! ;)

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,101 Posts
If you are looking for a mirror shine on those new shoes, get yourself a tin of Kiwi shoe polish in the proper color. Apply it to your shoes sparingly with a couple of cotton balls (dipped in warm water and then the polish) and using a seemingly endless series of tight circles. As the polish is applied, keep going over the area with the wet cotton balls until a shine comes up. Several thin coats of polish may be required on your inaugural effort at so shining a pair of shoes. Trust me on this...31 years in uniform provided me with lots of opportunities to work on my technique! LOL. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.