Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My amazing wife and mother-in-law chipped in and got me a pair of Walnut Daltons I'd been lusting after for quite some time. While I know these are particularly versatile, I had always envisioned them being worn with a nice pair of corduroys (of which, I currently own none). I went on JAB and found a pair on clearance that looked like they'd suite the bill (and for $25, why not?). They looked brown, but the description said tan. I was looking for something in kind of a mustard color, so I thought these might work well.
Well, they came yesterday, and they are dark brown. Like, chocolate brown, or darker. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the color, but I already have 2 pairs of brown pants, one is a light weight worsted and another in a heavier flannel. I don't feel like this color is really checking the box I'm looking for. I also have several pairs of khaki colored pants. I was hoping that mustard or slightly orangish khaki would be fun enough for weekends but still work in a business casual office setting.
Any idea where I could find a decent pair in this kind of a color without breaking the bank? Or, alternatively, any different thoughts that I should consider?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hanzo:

Macy's has some Lauren brand cords which were on sale recently. Brooks Bros. cords are good and I've got a pair from Jos. A. Bank that were fine. You might want to look at Blair/Scandia Woods selections. Very inexpensive, but look good - pleated and cuffed!
Perfect! I just placed an order with Scandia Woods for the honey color. Thank you gentlemen.

·
Registered
391 Posts
My amazing wife and mother-in-law chipped in and got me a pair of Walnut Daltons I'd been lusting after for quite some time. While I know these are particularly versatile, I had always envisioned them being worn with a nice pair of corduroys (of which, I currently own none). I went on JAB and found a pair on clearance that looked like they'd suite the bill (and for $25, why not?). They looked brown, but the description said tan. I was looking for something in kind of a mustard color, so I thought these might work well.
Well, they came yesterday, and they are dark brown. Like, chocolate brown, or darker. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the color, but I already have 2 pairs of brown pants, one is a light weight worsted and another in a heavier flannel. I don't feel like this color is really checking the box I'm looking for. I also have several pairs of khaki colored pants. I was hoping that mustard or slightly orangish khaki would be fun enough for weekends but still work in a business casual office setting.
Any idea where I could find a decent pair in this kind of a color without breaking the bank? Or, alternatively, any different thoughts that I should consider?
Orvis. They have super cords in a color they call Khaki that would probably fit the bill. If they are the still the same as a year or two ago, they look to me like exactly the mustard/slightly orange you are looking for.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Peter Christian gets a good bit of mention for their cords. Although I really liked their cord fabrics and the variety of colors offered, I could never get a good fit from them (although I think that puts me in the minority).

All American Khakis also does a couple of cords (I think and 8-wale and a 21-wale). I recently ordered a pair of the 8-wale in a dark tan and love them.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Peter Christian gets a good bit of mention for their cords. Although I really liked their cord fabrics and the variety of colors offered, I could never get a good fit from them (although I think that puts me in the minority).

All American Khakis also does a couple of cords (I think and 8-wale and a 21-wale). I recently ordered a pair of the 8-wale in a dark tan and love them.
I was thinking of ordering some of these. What is it about the fit you didn't like?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was thinking of ordering some of these. What is it about the fit you didn't like?
Never could get the waist and the area between the waist and crotch right. I think they are just cut too slim for me.

For background, I am a bigger fellow, needing a 48" or 50" waist, and I wear trousers at my natural waist. Their trousers go all the way up to a 56", so I first tried a 48". Could button it, but the rise was a little short and very tight in between the waistband and the crotch. Same with a 50", so I tried a 56". Even though I had a lot of extra room in the waist, the waistband-to-crotch area was still very tight.

I should point out that the last two purchases were made after corresponding at length with folks at Peter Christian, who were very polite and provided multiple measurements. At the end of the day, I think their trousers are cut too slim for me, even though they offer waist sizes well above what I need. I order other trousers from other manufacturers in a 48" or 50" with no problems (Berle, All American Khakis, LE, etc.). If you aren't really thick around the waist, they'll probably work for you. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.